The N.S. &T. stands for Niagara, St. Catharines and Toronto Railway. It was a company that began in 1874 in St. Catharines. N.S. &T. offered transportation from Lakeside Park, Port Dalhousie to St. Catharines.
The N.S. &T. streetcars travelled through the beautiful fields and meadows from St. Catharines to Port Dalhousie. In the 1950s, since there were more automobiles and televisions, it resulted in less people coming to Lakeside Park. There was now only one steamship servicing between Toronto to Port Dalhousie. It took 30 minutes to travel from St. Catharines to Port Dalhousie. In five hours, one could go on the whole interurban system. N.S. & T. stopped altogether in the 1950s because of the decrease in tourism. When Sid Brookson took over management of Lakeside Park, chartered buses replaced steamers. As well, there was an increase in cars. Today there is a bus that runs from downtown Terminal of St. Catharines to Port Dalhousie. This is a photo of a N.S. & T. streetcar.