The Legendary Canadian Pilot: Dorothy Rungeling
Dorothy Rungeling, a cherished donor to the Brock Archives, passed away this weekend at the age of 106. Dorothy lead an incredible, active life. She is...
- one of the most celebrated women in Canadian aviation
- raced airplanes internationally through the 1950s and 1960s
- first Canadian woman to fly a helicopter solo
- a member of the Ninety-Nines founded by Amelia Earhart
- a member of the Order of Canada and on a postage stamp
- an award winning writer for aviation magazines
- wrote four books when in her 90s
- an expert judge of equestrian and show horses
And so much more. We will miss you Dorothy. Thank you for everything.