Niagara Falls School for Young Ladies
This is an advertisement for the Niagara Falls Seminary / School for Young Ladies circa the 1840s. The school was managed by Mrs. Shotter (possibly Mary Frances Shotter) of Drummondville.
Courses offered included English, music, French, drawing, flower painting, and dancing. Students could be boarded at the school for a further fee. By 1848, Egerton Ryerson reported that this private school averaged twelve students and expanded to include classes in math, astronomy, and geography.
Several individuals were named as references including: Ex-Consul Buchanan, Colonel Delatre, Reverend W. Leeming, Dr. Mewburn, Reverend T.B. Fuller, John Stayner, William Gamble and the Honourable John Hamilton.
This advertisement can be found in the Brock University Archives.