A demo site to show how blocks and images are displayed in the Cozy Theme
A demo site to show how blocks and images are displayed in the Center Row Theme
A demo site to show how blocks and images are displayed in The Daily Theme
A demo site to show how blocks and images are displayed in the Default Theme
A demo site to show how blocks and images are displayed in the Foundation Theme
This exhibit examines the travel journals of Stephens Baker (1791-1883), a silversmith from Beverly, Massachusetts. Baker travelled through Niagara in 1850. He noted the sites that he visited and his impressions of Niagara in his travel journals. This exhibit traces his journey as outlined in his travel journal with a focus on his stops in Niagara.
A look at the exemplary career of Terry O'Malley in commercial advertising.
This exhibit is based on a photo album of St. Catharines from 1938. It provides a glimpse of the city of St. Catharines as it looked before World War II, featuring schools, electric railways, public and municipal buildings, industry and businesses.
A biographical exhibit that tells the life story of writer Agnes Ethelwyn Wetherald.
This exhibit examines the life and accomplishments of Alexander Hamilton (1790-1839). Hamilton came from a prominent family and was an important businessman and public servant in Upper Canada. His most notable positions were Postmaster at Queenston and Sheriff of the Niagara District.
Brief stories inspired by materials found in the Brock University Archives.
This is a collection of unusual or just interesting material that is housed within Archives and Special Collections, Brock University Library
Arthur Albert Schmon was born in 1895 in Newark, New Jersey. During his studies at Barringer High School in Newark, he met Eleanore Celeste Reynolds who was to become his wife in August of 1919. Mr. Schmon studied English literature at Princeton and graduated with honours in 1917. That same year, Mr. Schmon joined the United States Army where he served under Colonel McCormick as an adjutant in field artillery in World War I. In 1919, he was discharged as a captain. Colonel McCormick (editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune) offered Schmon a job in his Shelter Bay pulpwood operations. Mr. Schmon accepted the challenge of working at this lonely outpost on the lower St. Lawrence River. Schmon was promoted to Woodlands Manager in 1923. In 1930, he became the General Manager. This was expected to be a seasonal operation but the construction of the mill led to the building of a town (Baie Comeau) and its power development. All of this was accomplished under Schmon’s leadership. In 1933, he was elected the President and General Manager of the Ontario Paper Company. He later became the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Arthur Schmon made his home in St. Catharines where he played an active role in the community. Schmon was a member of the Founders’ Committee at Brock University and he was a primary force behind the establishment of a University in the Niagara Region. The Brock University Tower is named after him. He also served as Chairman of the St. Catharines Hospital Board of Governors for over 15 years, and was responsible for guiding the hospital through a 3 million dollar expansion program. He was a Governor of Ridley College and an Honorary Governor of McMaster University in Hamilton. Mr. Schmon died of lung cancer on March 18, 1964.
Niagara Falls school of music owned by Harold Bradley
This site contains all of the Brock University course calendars produced from 1964 to the present. These are available as PDF files and are keyword searchable.
Brock's monument stands as a tribute to fallen hero, General Isaac Brock. This site traces the monument from its inception to present day. The monument has had an incredible history and is the resting place of General Brock and John Macdonell.
A digital collection consisting of original oral history interviews, photographs, documents and written testimonials of individuals involved in the Canada Games (Winter and Summer). The goal of this Collection is to record the history of the Canada Games through the memories and experiences of athletes, their families, coaches, Games officials, volunteers, and past Canada Games Committee (CGC) members.
This exhibit provides a brief history of the Canadian Niagara Power Company, from its founding in 1892 to the present day.
In 1904, the Canadian Shredded Wheat factory was opened in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The factory was popular as a tourist attraction as well as a manufacturer. In 1928, the company was sold to The National Biscuit Company and the product name changed to Nabisco Shredded Wheat. The name of the plant was changed to Nabisco Foods in 1956 to reflect the variety of foods that were being produced at that time. In 1985, Nabisco was purchased by J.R. Reynolds thus forming RJR Nabisco. In 1994, RJR sold its breakfast cereal business to Kraft Foods and the international licenses to General Mills. Shredded Wheat is now integrated into the Post Foods portfolio and remains in Niagara Falls, Canada.
Une collection numérique composée d'entrevues originales d'histoire orale, de photographies, de documents et de témoignages écrits de personnes impliquées dans les Jeux du Canada (hiver et été). Le but de cette collection est de retracer l'histoire des Jeux du Canada à travers les souvenirs et les expériences des athlètes, de leurs familles, des entraîneurs, des officiels des Jeux, des bénévoles et des anciens membres du Comité des Jeux du Canada (JCC).
This website will collect records from the Niagara community that will help document the COVID-19 pandemic in the Niagara Region in 2020.
This site contains records found in the Brock University Archives & Special Collections that pertain to the Shickluna Shipyard (1838 - 1891) of St. Catharines.
A biographical exhibit featuring information from the time leading to the several flight competitions and the achievements as a pilot.
A biographical exhibit of the life of Estelle Cuffe Hawley, focusing more on her careers in adulthood.
This exhibit looks at the Fenian attack near Ridgeway on June 2, 1866 using material found in Brock's Archives and Special Collections and Library and Archives Canada.
Go to the Admin dashboard to start working with Brock University Library.